POSITION Assistant Technical Director
LOCATION Vancouver, BC
REPORTS TO Managing Director
TERM May 29 – September 15, 2017
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE May 5, 2017
Patrick Roberge Productions Inc. (PRP) is a global creative entertainment agency that produces live experiences and shows. We are a leader in creating a world that is entertained through shared experiences. We imagine beyond the possible, have fun in the process and we do it great. With a shared set of values and a commitment to excellence, every member of the PRP team is dedicated to working with our clients to deliver events that wow the public and inspire audiences and participants.
The Assistant Technical Director reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for supporting all aspects of a production to ensure everything goes smoothly. This is a role that calls for a dynamic and highly organized individual who will effectively work with a diverse team of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is resourceful, energetic and a great communicator who can take initiative while managing multiple projects at once to highest quality. They have a strong attention to detail and always have fun in the process.
• Authentically represent PRP’s vision, mission and values.
• Under the direction of the Managing Director, coordinates project activities, resources, equipment and information.
• Help prepare project scope, schedule and budget.
• Monitor and track project’s progress and raise any issues that arise.
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants.
• Use project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spend.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
• Participate in external and internal project debriefs.
• Other duties as required.
• Possess personal values alignment with PRP.
• 1-2 years of related experience in shows and events.
• Understanding of live show development and production processes.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and drive – professionalism, high energy, patience, hard work and a “can do” attitude.
• Willingness to take on tasks, no matter how tricky, with a smile.
• Collaborative team player that can establish and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse team of staff, clients, performers and volunteers.
• Solid and innovative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and act calmly under pressure.
• Excellent organization and administrative skills are essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools.
• Vectorworks and SketchUp knowledge is an asset.
• Willingness to travel.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to
email@example.com with “Lastname – Assistant Technical Director” in the subject line. The application closing date is May 5, 2017. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To view a PDF version, click here.