PRP is seeking the following performers for a LIVE awards gala taking place in several cities across Canada on May 12, 2022. Each city will have its own cast.
The following is the cast we will require for Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver:
Male presenting, 25-50 years
Ability to sing and dance LIVE as a lead in a short musical production number
Ability to emcee a LIVE awards gala evening event
Fluent in French [Montreal only]
Male or Female presenting, 18-30 years
Minimum of five years of Jazz Dance experience
Ability to learn choreography via video recording in advance of short in-person studio rehearsal
April 13 & 14, 2022: In-studio rehearsals [Vancouver only]
Mid-April, 2022: 1-hour cast meeting with choreographer via Zoom
April – May, 2022: Learn choreography on own personal time
April Date TBD: Wardrobe/Fitting
May 11, 2022: All day (In-Studio Rehearsal)
May 12, 2022: All day/evening (Rehearsal and Show)
Please register your interest by submitting a headshot, CV and video to email@example.com.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 25, 2022
- The subject line of the email should state the performers full name, the city they are associated with (Calgary, Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver) as well as the role they would like to be considered for.
- For example: Shereen Mitchell TORONTO HOST or Shereen Mitchell TORONTO DANCER
- The dance video submission can either be a demo reel or an example of the performer demonstrating musical theatre/broadway style movement.
- Those interested in the Host role should submit a video of themselves singing a popular musical theatre selection that demonstrates vocal range and strength in addition to a dance video.
- Self-Tape requirements:
- Frame should be horizontal (not vertical)
- Against a solid background, like a blank wall or a curtain.
- Please provide a full body slate at the beginning of the video, listing name, height, preferred pronoun, and where you are currently located/living.
- All videos should be submitted via hyperlinks using Vimeo, Youtube or other online file sharing formats. CV’s and Headshots can be submitted as attachments. Please ensure that your name is visible on all materials.
All dancers must have outstanding performance quality and stage presence.
We welcome performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, abilities/exceptionalities, and body types. Please take this into consideration when submitting clients. Actors of diverse cultural and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Jensen-Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org.